Saturday, April 17, 2010

Sojourn

Sojourn
by Joshua Silva

I will not be bound by civil restraints
Nor kept complacent by patriotic ideology
I will not sacrifice dreams nor freedoms
For the luxuries of wealth
Or the comforts of security

I will not believe in impossibility
Nor be lead to hopeless abandon
Simply because other men are afraid
Of touching the stars
I will reach for the Sun itself

I will not let the signs of Fate
Become as passing road signs
Observed from rear view mirrors
Rather I will softly kiss her lips
And become the dream of her lover

Destiny shall be the compass
By which I am lead to her poles
And love shall be the map
By which I plot my course
And beauty the final destination

Fear will not deter me
From absolute freedom
From absolute fulfillment
Of Desire
And of Will

In Agape, abundance
In Thelema, truth

I now go to the End of the World

No comments:

Post a Comment