Saturday, April 17, 2010

Rest

Rest
by Joshua Silva

Under moonlit skies,
Only you and I,
To touch your lips,
To kiss your eyes,

Under clouds of gray,
Wet with rain,
To caress your body,
To hold you again,

Under burning sun,
United as one,
To lock in embrace,
To never be undone,

To gain these dreams
And so much more
There is nothing less
I could ever settle for

You are the most beautiful jewel
Crown of the Earth
You are rare and priceless
Beauty of the highest worth

In my life I want nothing more
And many men have died for less
But for you I lay down my sword
To you I give my life until death

For your love has made me strong
Stronger than any man could be
But this strength is not for war
But to endure this Fated journey

And should Fate be kind
She will make your breath
Like wings to fly me
Into your beautiful arms
Into your beautiful eyes
Into your beautiful heart
Into your beautiful night

And there I will lay my head so softly upon your chest
And it is there, after so many battles,
After so long a journey,
It is there that Fate shall grant me...

Rest

No comments:

Post a Comment