Saturday, April 17, 2010

My Dear Julie

My Dear Julie
by Joshua Silva

If there ever was a strangers face I could look upon
It would be yours the moment before we both moved on
And went about our fateful journeys

Instead of moving on I would have followed you
Anywhere you go, to the end of the world, or even just Peru
It could have been heavenly bliss

But we'll always have that kiss
And our great unknown
Eyes so open
Hearts so naked
Connections to miss
A world to be shown
Here's to hope
And all that is sacred

Life has taught me that you should never look back
But I can't help seeing you back on that railroad track
And I became a pillar of salt

In the end, when it's all said and it's all done
We still live, love and die both under the same sun
And that's a comfort to me

But we'll always have that kiss
And our treasures in the sea
Souls shining bright
Spirit soaring free
Our great unknown
Our world to behold
Never doing what we're told
Just two lives lived beautifully

My dear Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment